OK, bulls, you win. This quarter goes to you. Cheers.
The approximate gains in the major U.S. averages for Q1 2006 were:
S&P 500 +3.75%
Dow 30 Industrials +3.65%
Russell 2000 (the huge winner) +13.6%
Nasdaq 100 +3.55%
Nasdaq Composite +6%
I looked at the past quarter of my blog (my God, I spit out a lot of charts!) and thought I'd share an equal number of bad and good suggestions. I'll get the nasty ones out of the way first.....click on the links to see either the chart or the posting:
- Short Russell 2000 (symbol IWM) on 1/9 - this index just kept roaring!
- Short NutriSystem (NTRI) on 2/7 - it just keeps gathering strength!
- Short Coldwater (CWTR) on 2/24 - amazing earnings blowout
- Short Harrahs (HET) 2/24 - regained its footing
- Short Hansen Natural (HANS) 3/7 - this stock is unbelievable
- Short Phelps Dodge (PD) 3/20 - brokerage recommendation zapped this
- Calling Market Tops - OK, I think I'd better be more patient!
- Buy ASYT 1/4 - this stock is up 65% since my posting
- Short GOOG 1/24 - buyers of puts made a huge killing
- Short OIH 2/8 - textbook perfect H&S
- Buy GOOG on 2/14 - it's been up ever since
- Short AAPL 2/17 - went up a touch, then whammo
- Short ADSK 3/1 - absolutely perfect timing
- Short UTH 3/20 - utilities have behaved precisely as I predicted